I came across this cauliflower pizza base about 2 years and a half ago through my friend Isabella. She is all about healthy food and we had a girls night at my place, where each of us brought a dish for us to eat together at dinner. She cooked a pizza with a base that was a lot like this recipe and since then I’ve started making this healthy base.
My friend Luciana showed me a similar recipe but with broccoli intead of cauliflower, I guess it will be my next flavour to try.
You can put any topping, of course, my fat mind still makes me put lots of fatty toppings but one day I’ll get there rs.
- ½ medium cauliflower
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a food processor, process the cauliflower until it becomes crumbled. Put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients and put in a baking tray with baking pepper and bake it for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add the topping of your choice and return to the oven until the cheese melts.