I looove mexican food, or at least what I know of Mexican food from restaurants and websites written in English. A quesadilla is a simple, filling meal, made from a tortilla with a cheese filling, but I love how easy it is to add other ingredients..
My husband used to make this recipe but like he said, “You always steal my recipes and then make them better”. I hope you enjoy it.
- 400g red beans
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 serve of salsa sauce (recipe below)
- sour cream
- Mash the beans and mix with the salsa sauce, coriander and cheese.
- Put this paste in one side of the quesadilla and close with another quesadilla.
- Using a pan fryer or sandwich maker, heat the tortilla until the cheese melts a bit and the tortilla is slightly golden.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
- 3 tomatoes
- ¼ big red onion or ½ medium
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 2 red chillis
- black pepper
- Put the whole tomatoes and chillis in a fry pan and let them “fry” with no oil until the tomato skin starts to peel off.
- Leave the tomatoes to cool and peel the rest of the skin off.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process it.
- Take the mixture to a pot and cook until all the liquid dry.