Thank you for your votes, everyone!
If you don’t follow me on Instagram, I have been asking question about what you guys are interested in learning and I even have been posting videos of how to make some of the recipes that I have been posting here.
Based on last night question’s you decided on the Quick Thai Beef Curry. As I’ve already shared there, last year my husband and I went to Thailand for our honeymoon and we learned how to make some Thai meals. The only problem with the class that everything was already cut and portioned beforehand, and all we had to do was put them in the pan. But we didn’t let that make it any less enjoyable – the recipes we learned were very tasty and easy to make.
I hope you enjoy, I did change a lot the recipe to our taste and to what we know here in Australia of Thai food.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 penang curry paste
- 300g sliced beef
- 2 shallots
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 3 slices of pineapple, diced
- 2 kaffir leaves or 1 tsp sliced
- sliced chilli, optional
- peanut, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of 3mm-4mm and cook for about 10-15 min, just until the fork can go through easily.
- Cut the onion in the middle and separate the layers.
- Add salt to the beef and put aside.
- Heat the pan to a medium heat and add the peanut oil, let it warm up and then add the curry paste. Let it cook for about 2 more minutes and add the sliced beef and shallots. Leave it to heat until most of the beef has the brown cooked colour.
- Add the fish sauce and coconut milk, let it cook for about 3 minutes, then add the potato and pineapple and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, decorate with chilli, peanut and kaffir leaves. Serve with rice.